BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Out of the darkness

Our file has officially found its way out of the deep, dark hole called IBESR. We are elated to FINALLY be out, but it's mixed feelings because there are so many more moutains to climb. However, trying to be optimistic and hoping that we will not spend 14 months any where else like we did IBESR. My friends have asked, what is IBESR? I honestly don't really know. I think someone reads through our file and approves our family to adopt? But, I can't figure out how that would take soooo long since we had a homestudy done that cost close to $2000 (and has now expired..uggh.) So, in IBESR is someone basically studying the homestudy? For 14 months? It's a still a mystery to me!

I know there are still a few families that have been stuck in IBESR longer than us, and I have a really good feeling they will be released very soon as well. It seems like the gates are finally opening and IBESR has momentum right now. I am hoping this is true for all the families and kids waiting.

Next up? I think it's Parquet. I say "I think" because I haven't looked at the steps since way back when we decided to adopt. We have been taking it just one step at a time. We are still trying to figure out how we can satisify the judge and sign that infamous notebook in Haiti, while somehow feeling at ease about leaving our boys at home. Caden is our diabetic and although he is now 8 and not a toddler anymore, his care can be very routine or very choatic depending on the moment/day. This makes not only us, but our family members who would be caring for him very nervous. One of the many reasons we chose Haiti was the comfort and satisfaction of not having both parents out of the country at the same time. So much for that!

Anyway, all in all it was a great email to wake up to this morning!! Never thought I would see the day as it was starting to feel so hopeless! We are so thankful!

13 comments:

Amanda said...

Praise God! Another one OUT! This is great news. Ours seemed to really pick up some momentum once we were out, so we pray the same for yours!

Also, praying for peace should you have to go to Haiti and sign the book...for your boys.

kb said...

I'm so happy for your family. Praying for you in the steps ahead.

Katy said...

Have I mentioned that I am absolutely THRILLED for your family???? SOOOOOO excited about this news!!!!! I know how stressful the trip in January is for you, and I am praying that you will be able to work out every detail, finding a caregiver to ease your anxiety. I am looking forward to seeing you again! And of course I understand the mixed feelings about the rest of the process..as thrilled as I am about IBESR exit, as long as I waited....now I am feeling like she should be coming HOME soon...but another Christmas without her is coming, and her birthday. It just is so hard to imagine how much longer it could be...praying both of our files start picking up LOTS of speed!

Salzwedel Family said...

Praise God! I am so very happy for you guys.

Sherri said...

congratulations, Tracey. Both of us leaving our kids has been a difficult thought for us as well. I know that He called us to Haiti to adopt and that He is a God of details, so I have to remind myself to trust Him with it all. Some days it is frustrating, but it is nothing that He can't handle on our behalf. We are rejoicing that you have moved forward.

Lena Just Lena said...

Praising God for forward movement! Praying for your family.

Beth Cotell said...

YIPPEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Praying for Avery and you all as things finally begin to move!

Terry said...

Great News!!! I remember the excitement of it. IBESR is like Haitian social services and your right about them approving you to adopt. There is no way it takes them over a year to do that. You're just waiting for everyone to sign there signatures...crazy. When I recieved all the paperwork back from the whole adoption, I couldn't believe all the people who had to sign each step. One signature varifies the validity of another and another and so on and so on.....

Kim said...

Celebrating with you! Each step is a celebrations.. Whoo Hoo! Funny, we just got word we got out Friday... And I so relted to your post. Not sure what is next. I'm so sorry you time in IBESR was so long. There is no rhyme or reason to anything. I'm just so encouraged there is movement! One more Whoo Hoo! Congrats os some really great news!

kayder1996 said...

That is great news. 14 months is way too long. Trust me, I know....

Trina said...

Yay! One more step to check off!

Laurie said...

YAY!!!!! I know it's hard to get TOO excited, knowing how much longer it could take...but YAY! It's out! One hurdle done. Hopefully everything else will go smoothly. We will pray that it does.I'm really happy for this relief.

Beth said...

Congratulations!! I pray that the rest moves quickly! :o)