BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Four hours in...

And only 15 locs out. About 200 left. Yes, I am taking Avery's Sisterlocs out. I know, what a waste of time, and as my husband likes to frequently remind me (MONEY!) but I really thought I would love these. They ARE so convenient. I haven't had to lay a finger on her hair since we got them put in. We went for one re-tightening session and that was also very uneventful and easy.

But, from day one I was not in love at all with how they looked on her. I thought after a few months time they would grow a little, and therefore grow on me, but they haven't. (They have grown a little....but haven't grown on me!) I miss her afro poof hair, pig-tails and fancy beads. And, until the locs grow for another 1-2 years there was really nothing I could do with them. Nothing at all.

So, we spend four hours today trying to work those little locs out. WHAT A PAIN but they are coming out little by little. I would guess it takes 5-10 minutes per loc and we have at least 200 more to get out. I plan on doing 5-10 each day, so yes, we should be done by the time she can drive.

Anyway, I think she just looks more like "Avery" with her hair the way it used to be. My husband thinks I have lost my mind but he is used to my antics. So, he gave me a fuss for just a little while. So I am praying.....

1. That I can get them all out
2. I won't want them put back in as soon as I am finshed! :)

So that battle with hair continues...and Monique (our hair girl) is SOOO not going to be happy.

0 comments: