BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Ocean Isle

We absolutely fell in love with Ocean Isle Beach. The boys want to move there permanently...so do I.


Their favorite day was going on the Dolphin Adventure Cruise and watching dolphins splash and play in the ocean. I happened to get lucky and caught a large (citation size) Pompano off the Ocean Isle Pier. Catching a large fish on the pier makes one an instant celebrity I learned. By the way, citation in this case is a good thing. I thought I was going to have to pay a fine or something when they said I might be issued a citation. Apparently, I'll get some kind of certificate in the mail. By the way, I estimated the fish to weigh about 15 pounds...it was 2 and a 1/2. Hey, what do I know. It felt like 50 reeling it in.

When I went back to the fishing pier later that night, people were still talking about the girl who reeled in a large Pompano and didn't know what she was doing. Oh yeah, Mike caught a couple sharks...sorry honey, I almost forgot about that.

We also enjoyed (a little too much) Calabash Creamery and Ocean Isle Creamery.

It was perfect weather and we only wish it could have lasted longer!


2 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

Looks like fun!

Beth Cotell said...

You go girl! Way to reel in that big fish!