BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, March 16, 2009

Four Months

It has been four months since I went to Haiti and met Avery for the first time. Wow, what a LONG four months it's been. It feels like an eternity and the sad/scary part is that it will be many more months until I see her again. My fellow adoptive friend, Katy, posted this photo on her blog and since it was new to me, I decided to post it here as well. This was from our hotel room and her daughter, Gracyn is on the right. They were both just so adorable. A few of our other adoption friends are actually in Haiti or traveling there this week. I sent a small package to Avery and I can't wait to see if anyone is able to give me a report on how she is doing or a few photos. It is always so hectic at the orphanage, but maybe someone might get a chance to grab a quick photo for us.

We also just got back from NY and had a great trip. I'll post a few photos later. The weather was actually sunny but COLD. However, sun in Syracuse is rare so we weren't complaining. We went to the zoo and to an open hand puppet museum. Pretty cool . Also, while we were there we saw the BEST basketball game ever!! Anyone catch the 6OT game Syracuse vs. UConn? It started at 9:30pm and didn't end until 1:30am and it was AWESOME!!! I didn't fall asleep until 4am I was so hyped up!



5 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

Awww. What cute little friends. You would probably find that she doesn't sit still much anymore. Four months can make such a difference at that age!

Amanda said...

time keeps on tickin, tickin, tickin....into the future....

Sorry. I just thought i would sing a bit for ya...LOL you know I feel your pain.

Hey, make sure you stop by my blog before tomorrow!!!

Katy said...

Wow, I didn't realize you didn't have this photo! Sorry! I didn't send the ones from my disposable? I'll have to get with the program and send you those if you don't have them. They aren't wonderful, but maybe any photos at all would cheer us up at this point...a little. SIGH. Please LORD, SOON!!

kayder1996 said...

Yep, there is a certain part of the wait that always made me feel guilty, like I was cruddy mom in some ways. I'd think things like "It's been one year since I held my child. What kind of a mom is that?" (Even though I knew it wasn't my fault.) Anyway, just thought I'd say I've been there.

Laurie said...

Glad ya'll had a good and safe trip. I remember oh so well the wait, and my heart just hurts for you b/c I know it's sooo hard. And I know you've been stuck in one place for so long. Praying that you hear good news soon! It WILL happen. I was in Bo and Noah's room tonight before bed lotioning them up and my mind went back to the days/nights I would go in there, and the room was all ready for them, and I would just cry and want so badly for them to be here, and not understand why God wasn't working on MY time frame. Well, they are here now and life is full to the max! It's already been 6 months. I know this time is dragging on for you, but once little Avery gets here you will forget about the wait (kind of like labor pains) and it will seem like she's always been here. I haven't mourned the 'things i missed' as much as i thought i would. hope this is somewhat encouraging, although i know the best encouragement would be to hear great news from Haiti!!