BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, June 20, 2009

June photo

Well, we've waited since April for a new update photo of Avery. We received this one, on the same day Poppy passed away. She has a tear running down her face, and I guess she was sad that day just like we were. Since Avery never got to meet Poppy, we placed a flower on his casket at the cemetery for her.

We are still in IBESR, along with a lot of other families. I read on another family's blog that when we do actually get out of IBESR, it takes AT LEAST a year to complete the rest of the process. So, even if we get out today, Avery would most likely not be home until late next summer. That is just unbelievable to me. Unbelievable, but unfortunately quite accurate.

So we are trying to keep our chins up and enjoy summer. It's off to a rocky start, but we are looking forward to some family fun over the next few months. The boys and I will probably head back to Granny's in upstate NY for a week to keep her company, then we are heading to the beach early August. We'll also take a weekend trip to visit my best friend, Lauren, in the NC mountains. Caden has his first swim meet of the summer this week and diabetes camp at the end of the week! So let the fun begin!

3 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

I'm over a year out of ibesr and still in second legal so at least 8-12 mo more. There is always a chance they will get the kinks out of the system one day....

Laurie said...

So sorry to read about Poppy.

Also so sorry you are still waiting. It makes it even worse when you see how long it takes after this wait. Ugh.

And poor thing...the least they could do is send a happy picture to you!!

Not much encouragement here, b/c I know there is nothing I can say to make it better.

Just know I am thinking of you and praying for you and all the other adoptions right now. It's just plain craziness.

Katy said...

I was so sad to see those little tears on Avery...but she is still so beautiful. I am also trying to accept the fact that it will be no less than a year before my "baby" comes home, but it is NOT easy. I am still holding out for the process to speed up, praying against the more likely reality. There is just no sense in all this waiting, but all we can do is try to keep our chins up and trust that God has them in His hands. I am still not 100 % sure I am travelling, but I paid my fee. So hopefully I figure out this flight info soon. And I will try my best to get a smile out of Avery for you on camera, and give her a hug for you.