BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Still Waiting...

We are still waiting to get out of IBESR. We've been in IBESR for almost 10 months. At this point, the wait is just getting maddening. I decided to not travel to Haiti next month afterall, for a few reasons. For one, Mike's dad was so sick I didn't want to be in Haiti and have the timing be all wrong (if he had passed away while I was out of the country.) Unfortunately, Poppy passed away in June and even though I still had time to make the arrangements for the trip, I decided I will take the kids back to NY to visit Granny in July. She will love having the company and our boys LOVE it there. It will just be the 3 of us as Mike is running a little low on vacation days at this point.

The cost of the Haiti trip was also real obstacle and knowing we are no farther along in the process than we were on my last trip in November, I just couldn't imagine leaving Avery again. It was sooo hard to leave last time and I was so optimistic then about the movement of our paperwork, I can only imagine how hard it would be to leave her knowing what I know now....that she won't be with us for at least ANOTHER year. ANOTHER year...I can't even think about that.


That being said, I am sad that I am not going to get to visit and hold her and take tons of photos. I am hoping there will be another trip possibly this fall, and maybe we'll be out of IBESR?? and I'll feel better about going. To be honest, the adoption is moving so slowly (is it even moving?) that sometimes it feels like it ultimately won't happen. I am afraid to travel and get even more attached to her...just in case. As my seven year old says, "Doesn't Haiti have a president? Why can't they just deal with the papers and sign them?" I wish it were just that simple!


Preston asked if Avery can sleep with him when she gets here. He says he'll take a nap with her, and asked if he can take her for a walk all by himself to the park and back (that won't happen!) He asked if he can ask Santa for Cinderella Barbie for her if she's not here yet. So sweet. I can tell they are going to adore her.


Anyway, as we continue to wait it has been fun to keep up with other families who have finally arrived home with their little ones...proof it does REALLY happen! Here's a photo off Katie's blog, and I was soo excited to see Avery in the background (left)! Even though you can barely even tell who it is...it made my day to see her! Crazy I know...but that's how desperate I am for any glimpse of her! That's Avery's friends Gracyn and Marie. Aren't they adorable?


6 comments:

Katy said...

This IBESR wait is just awful...there is nothing harder than just knowing the files are sitting there with NO movement. It is so hard to explain to kids too....that is so sweet that they are already loving her. My nephew also asks lots of questions. Last night he said he was sending something for Gracie when I go...one of his toys. So sweet. I will miss you in Haiti but you are doing the right thing for you! Did you request Jane on facebook? I didn't see others of Avery but it is possible...I thought that was her in the background. I am hoping to get some smiles when I see her!

Beth Cotell said...

I'm so sorry you are STILL waiting. I can only imagine how difficult this whole process is on you all.

I continue to pray for your family and for Avery!

Jodie said...

I pray you get some good news soon. The wait is so hard at times.

Kathy Cassel said...

I'm not sure if I'll go again. They just get to know me again and then I leave. By time I come back we have to all start over. They are older so they may remember me longer but it's just too hard.

Terry said...

I am so sorry you are still waiting to get out of IBESR. Boy do I understand that feeling. Praying that you all get out soon, you've been there toooooo long! Terry

Amanda said...

IBESR in 12 months now. *sigh* I so know the feeling of is it really going to happen...such a long journey awaits us when we finally exit. so sad.

praying for our children that God gives them strength to hold on.