BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, September 7, 2009

Off to a rocky start...


This week is off to a not so great start. Mike's grandma is in the hospital with a blocked intestine and needs surgery. She just turned 97 years old. My grandma is in the hospital with a possible bleeding ulcer and my grandpa is undergoing radiation therapy for throat cancer. They are all going through a very hard time right now.

Preston is in the ER as I type this (Mike brought him in while I am at home with Caden since it's so late) with a concussion. He was climbing a fence at soccer practice and I told him to get down...which he did. But, he then climbed up again and I didn't see him. He fell and hit his head on the concrete sidewalk. There was no blood or huge bump so I figured he was fine. However, on the way home he get very sleepy, irritable and got sick to his stomach when he got to ER. Right now they are awaiting the results of his CT scan. I am praying it's normal and he'll be home very soon. Poor little guy.

Anyway, I am hoping tomorrow is a better day!
Update: Preston got home with daddy about midnight....scan was fine! Just have to keep a close eye on him for 24 hours. So happy it turned out okay. With two boys we have managed to stay out of ER's for injuries, never had a broken limb or a single stitch. So this caught me off guard! Hope that's it for a while!

7 comments:

Salzwedel Family said...

Oh my! That is a lot to handle. I'm praying for you all.

Beth Cotell said...

I'll be pryaing for all of the grandparents and Preston as well. Please keep us posted.

Bill and Christina said...

Praying for you and your family.

Amanda said...

Oh dear! So glad he's ok! Praying for the rest of your family, too!

Tammie said...

Wow, what a weekend. I am glad he is home and doing better.

Jodie said...

Praying for your family and glad your son is OK.

Katy said...

Whew....I'm glad everything turned out okay...