BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Starting over...AGAIN


For the third year in a row, I have managed to do something I have said each year I wouldn't never do again. I swore this year, I would not do it. But I have.

I have officially not worked out since summer and now I am starting over....AGAIN. UGHHHH! Once classes start back, it's like I am running in circles (well, I need to be running in circles) and I can't seem to stay on my workout routine what-so-ever. This is how the last three years have played out...

End of summer: Clothes are starting to fit, sort of, and I am feeling in pretty good shape. I even did a triathlon just 3 short months ago and now I couldn't even finish.

Fall: Classes start, I hit the couch permanently and grade papers each night. If I am not grading I am to exhausted to do anything but sit, like a big couch potato.

Winter: Clothes tight, or don't fit. Feeling like a big, huge slug. Tired, BLAH!

Spring: Start to work out here and there...feeling the pressure of swim suit season upon me.

Summer: Crank the workouts into full force, and workout every day. I even joined the masters swim team, which I have not attended since August.

Fall: Classes start...the laziness begins again.

So, why I am writing about this?! Well, maybe if I put this out there on my blog, I'll stick to some sort of workout routine. Can someone out there in blog world hold me accountable? PLEASE??? I have a wardrobe of clothes that have been hanging in my closet that want to be worn!

So, instead of starting at the New Year, I am going to start today. I am going to workout everyday if it kills me. I feel sooooo much better after I exercise, so why is it so darn hard to find the time? No more excuses...and as Tiger says "Just do it"
Well...he did...but let's not go there.



4 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

I hear you on this.

Trina said...

I use exercise as MY time. I get away from the kids and just think about other things, if I can. Sometimes it's only 20 minutes of walking or jogging, but sometimes that's all I can fit in and it's enough if it clears your head.

Laurie said...

I hear ya girl!

Remember those cheap batteries we saw at the g. store? Did you buy any? I know now why they were so cheap...they were about dead!

Katy said...

I have tried unsuccessfully to start working out again recently as well....SO hard to get motivated, but yeah, getting out the winter clothes that were too tight has started it. I even have a free workout facility in my condo but it isn't helping... Good luck to you!!