BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, January 4, 2010

2010

We are welcoming 2010 with open arms! Hoping this will be a year full of great things. Will this be the year Avery comes home? Only time will tell! It is very unlikely, but for the first time I truly believe it "could" be a possibility. We'll get a much better idea of that possibility once we see how long we "hang out " in Parquet, where our file is now (I think?)


To help keep the process moving in the right direction we are heading to Haiti in exactly 20 days to sign the notebook before the judge and visit a little with our daughter whom I haven't seen in over a year and Mike has never met. It is an exciting time but I must admit I have mixed feelings knowing how difficult it is to hand her back over to the Orphanage staff once again. I know I'll be shocked at how much she has grown over the past year.

Also, I must say the past couple weeks went by way to fast. Kids are back to school already and we are slowly putting all the Christmas decorations back in the attic. We had a nice Christmas, low-key and relaxed. Granny (Mike's mom) came to visit for a week from NY and the kids had fun keeping her entertained.

We found time to see the movie "Princess and the Frog" which the boys liked (didn't love it...too girly I think.) We also painted pottery at Meg-Art and visited a nearby science museum. Most importantly, we discovered the game of Balderdash. Seriously, it is the most fun I have had in a while. If you haven't played, it's will keep you entertained for hours on end. Says ages 12 and up but Caden (8) played it just fine and loved it! I am amazed this game remained unknown to me for so long!
Here's to a very Happy New Year to everyone!


2 comments:

Sherri said...

We've been playing that with friends. It's IS so much fun! Did you know that (in my husband's vocabulary)a PEEVER is a North American beaver-like mammal that lives in Alaska and is pronouced "peever" because the lips of native people are frozen together so they can't say "beaver." We were cracking up on that one!

Also, a pillion is truly the second seat of a motorcycle.
I hope this is your year too...sooner than later!!
SV

Terry said...

I don't think we've played that either...mmmmmm, I think I'll have to check it out!

Yes, lets pray and "believe" that this is the mountain moving year many have been waiting for...Terry