BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Still waiting

So the title of our blog is holding true today, unfortunately. We are still waiting for word on when the kids are being evacuated and where they will be flown to. There is a conference call today to explain to families what the Humanitarian Parole means, etc. I am not sure what else the call is about. I am not sure if the US has given official clearance for the kids to come to the US or not. I am confused and it seems a lot of people are as well. I see a few kids being brought to Pittsburgh and Florida on CNN but not sure if they are kids whose families that were farther along in the process than us or not. Avery's orphanage continues to be featured on CNN and Fox News all day but we have yet to catch a glimpse of our little girl.

Maybe I'll know something after the call at 10am. I teach at a University and I keep going back and forth with cancelling and "uncancelling" class since I don't know when anything is going to happen. My students probably think I have lost my mind with all the emails they have received in the past couple days....living in limbo makes it difficult to carry on with every day obligations!

We had the media here again last night, and the newspaper is calling at 9am. This is so exhausting. Woke up with a headache...wonder why!?

1 comments:

Suzanne said...

Hang in there! We ARE in the home stretch. Glad the news is focusing on Masion...- I too keep looking for my girls. The kids shown do look good and happy, which eases my mind a little. Keep praying.
:o)