BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 22, 2010

No Go for today either

Word was tonight was the night. My senator even saw our orphanage listed on the flight plan for a flight out of PAP to Miami at 6:40p.

Morning started early with me canceling class again, so I could scurry around and get a money order, last minute paperwork notarized and pack a few last minute things. I checked email at least 500 times checking for instructions on whether to fly to Miami or another airport. I was 99% confident I would be on a plane by lunch time.

Around 2p, I grew impatient and thought about flying to Miami to make sure I was there in time to meet Avery at the gate. Glad I didn't.

Received an update around 5p. Said some kids are approved to leave Haiti, others are not. No word as to which group we are in. Also notified the approved kids will fly somewhere (no clue as to where) tonight.

We head to airport, so as soon as we know where the plane is going, we can get on the next flight out....

Got about 5 miles from home, checked my email from phone...receive a message with the subject line: NOT COMING NOW

Didn't even have to read the email to know what that meant. We turned the car around and now I am back home.

When will this chaos end. I know most of this is out of everyone's control, but this is really getting rediculous.

Anyway, it doesn't help that I am stressed out and tired.

So...as I said it yesterday (and the day before, and day before that...) Maybe tomorrow???

6 comments:

Cecily said...

Oh Tracy. You must be exhausted. We are thinking of you and stressing out for you too. This must be the longest week ever.
I hope and pray that tomorrow is the day.

kayder1996 said...

I'd just be happy knowing that someone somewhere was even working on my paperwork. Praying tomorrow is THE DAY

Sherri said...

Oh, tracy, we are right there with you.

Kim said...

Hang in there! We are praying for you and fighting for you. Once kids get to the states it's taking hours to get them processed... Like 6-8 hrs or more. Praying for peace in your holding pattern life right now and for when you get word that all the details will come together for you to get there in time. We've been so out of pocket this past week. Your family is on our hearts and we pray daily that today will be the day. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

Christine said...

Tracy, my heart hurts for you. Avery is so lucky to have such a dedicated mother working so hard to bring her home.

Thank you for the updates.

Annie said...

I can't imagine the turmoil you are in...I am so sorry for all you are going through.

continued prayers....