BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

WE ARE HOME





After about a 40 hour wait at the Sanford/Orlando Airport, I was finally united with Avery. It was the WORST (I can not emphasize WORST enough) couple days of my entire life. But it did luckily have a happy ending.

I'll post more about details later, but as you may have heard, some families were not as lucky. Some kids have been kept in Haiti and the border is closed. Some kids are in Refugee Camps in the US, and not home with their adoptive families as they should be. Please continue to not only pray for the return of these kids to their families but call congressmen, the state department, etc. to keep the pressure on to bring these kids home where they belong.

Much of the above problems are directly a result of UNICEF sticking these $0.02 into the situation. UNICEF, if you're not aware, is Anti-Adoption and one of the reasons adoptions from Haiti take so long in the first place. I didn't know this until we got into the process and I was education on UNICEF's views.

We are doing well at home and Avery is adjusting to her new surroundings. Here are a couple photos, until I can get a chance to download more.

Thank you all for your thoughts, prayers and support!!! It really got us through the disasterous weekend we had trying to gain her custody.

11 comments:

Amanda said...

I was hoping, hoping, hoping the reason that you hadn't updated was because you were getting Avery.

I'm so happy. :)

Jenn said...

Wow Wow Wow!!!! Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you all. We've been praying since the earthquake that these orphans would come home, and it is so awesome seeing those prayers answers. We will continue to pray for those left behind. Also praying for a smoot adjustment for Avery and your family. She is so beautiful!

Trina said...

I had no idea UNICEF was so anit-adoption. I did read on one of your friend's blogs about some new law that UNICEF helped pass that has basically prevented the children being evacuated to countries where they would receive better care. SO glad you were far enough along in the process that you were able to get A home in time!

JacciM said...

Praise the Lord :) It has been such a privilege to pray for your family. May the Lord continue to bless you all!

Beth said...

Praise the LORD! I'm so glad she is home. I hope this time of bonding and transition goes very well for you. :o)

Missy said...

I saw you on one of the Florida newscasts and I was SOo happy that you were there!! CONGRATS!!!

Laurie said...

Oh my goodness! It's done! Over!! I have been checking your blog and just HOPING you were off getting your girl! Looks like my Haitian boys will have a little Haitian playmate at the pool this summer. I can't wait to hear about the details, but I bet you'll be a little busy for a while. :) I'm just so happy you have Avery home and that that journey is CLOSED. I know you have a lot to do on this side of things, but at least she is home. So so sad that others did not make it. I hadn't heard that. I was educated on UNICEF back during our adoption and have not been a fan since.

kb said...

Thanks for letting us catch a ride with you to the hotel Monday morning. I was SO exhausted.

What a blessing that our daughters are at home. Still praying for those awaiting their homecoming...

~Kristi and Jenae

Kathy Cassel said...

36 hours and 20 minutes for us

Amanda said...

She's beautiful! Congratulations! I'm so glad our kids came HOME!

Annie said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't even read the post yet, I just had to come welcome Avery home and to say I am so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!! now back to reading ;)