BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

No words


My head is spinning thinking about what the people of Haiti must be going through as I type this. It is night time there now, no power, aftershocks, people screaming, kids crying, hospital collapsed, roads are not passable. No words to describe our concern for the entire situation.

There are several of us scheduled to travel there in 10 days or so. I can't imagine our Avery going through this without parents there to console her. I can't imagine us being there, and what worry that would have caused our children here back in the US.


The only news we have so far is a nanny has been injured and the director sustained an eye injury. The building has been damaged, and I am not sure kids can even get back in their rooms. It has to be pure choas.


Please keep all the millions of people affected by this earthquake in your thoughts and prayers. Thank you.

2 comments:

Beth Cotell said...

I saw footage on the news last night and began praying for Avery, the other orphans and ALL of the people of Haiti.

I will continue to pray.

Cecily said...

I've been following your blog through Trina for the last year or so, always logging hopefully to hear news that Avery is coming home at last. This evening I logged on and made the awful connection that hadn't occurred to me - that Avery is of course in Haiti and is having to endure this awful tragedy. I had to comment even though I don't know you to say we will be thinking of you and praying that you get news of sweet Avery soon. I can't imagine how worried you must be.