BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Caden's First TRI Experience


Yesterday was Caden's first triathlon. Although he is 6, he had to be moved up to the 7-8 year olds due to his birthday being at the end of the summer. So, that meant swimming 2 laps instead of one, riding 3 loops of the bike course, and a much longer run. I was a little nervous it would be too much, but all went really well....UNTIL....Preston disappeared.

As we all ran from the swimming pool to the bike course, Preston was right with us. As I stood watching the race, Preston was right next to my leg. All the sudden as I spotted Caden on the bike course, I looked down, and Preston was gone. At first, I wasn't panicked, since there was a playground full of kids behind me. I was sure that's where he snuck off to. However, after scanning the playground a few times, we realized he wasn't there. Then Mike, and my parents started to panic and we all began searching. Searching the parking lot, searching the woods. I ran up to the main road, and told the police that if they spotted a 3 year old wandering around to hold him there...As Caden rode his bike around and around he heard his dad yelling "Preston" and even he became alarmed. As he raced by he yelled "Where is my brother?"

FINALLY, we found Preston. At the other end of the park with a race official. Just in time to see Caden cross the finish line. And as he did, he ran over and asked us "Where is my brother?!?"

Once, we all calmed down we got Preston ready for the fun run, which at this point was no longer "fun". But, we cheered him on as he strolled across the finish line, getting beat by little girls in dresses...we were just glad we found him!

2 comments:

Beth Cotell said...

How cool that your boys are trainging to be how triatheletes!

And how sweet that Caden was nervous and asking about Preston...nothing like the bond between brothers!

And how scary you must have been! I'm so glad everything turned out ok!!

Katy said...

Congratulations to Caden! How scary for you about Preston, but a relief that you found him! I have been there several times when my oldest nephew has disappeared- quite scary! They can get away so quickly!