BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

We're off to Granny's

Tomorrow the boys and I are heading to upstate NY to visit Granny (Mike's mom.) The boys LOVE it there and we are looking forward to lots of fun outdoor activities in nice cool summer weather! I checked the weather and the temperatures are supposed to remain in the 70's all week! What a nice relief from our 90 degree/humid weather!

Anyway, as with a few of my other adoption friends, we got some news (not good news) about our paperwork. The update is....we are STILL STUCK in IBESR. Which we already knew, but we finally found out what this hold up is about. Found out it's because of our age. Which is puzzling me, because in Haiti adoptions one parent needs to be 35 years old (which Mike is.) So I am not exactly sure why age is holding us up at this point? Then of course, there is the marriage rule...need to be married at least 10 years. Well, we're good there too. We do have bio kids, but the update I got didn't mention that as causing our delay. Just age. I am not trying to be harsh but our ages are clearly listed in that huge stack of paperwork we sent in 16 months ago...I am hoping someone takes the time to realize we have met the age requirement since January!

On a lighter note, I am so looking forward to new photos from a few friends heading to the Orphanage this week! I am so excited for them and anxious to hear all about their trip!

I'll be blogging again next week, with NY photos, and possibly new photos of Avery!

0 comments: