BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Next Sunday at this time....

I'll be on a plane to Miami and then on my way to Port-au-Prince, Haiti! I get to meet our little girl for the first time!!! I am so excited but at the same time, I know it will be the most difficult experience ever to leave her there when I leave. I get to bond and visit with her for 3 days but then I have to hand her back to the orphanage staff without knowing when I'll see her again...


I started my malaria pills yesterday (they taste like metal, yuck!) and this week, I'll be gather up more supplies to donate to the orphanage staff (nail polish, vaseline, lotions, anti-fungal creams, clothes, shoes, etc) I can bring two fifty pound suitcases with me without charge, so I am loading them up to the max.


It all seems so surreal! This is Avery's photo lisiting from www.rainbowkids.com from back in March when we first saw her on their adoption site. She has already changed so much and I am so thankful I get to meet her in person, take photos, and hug her for 3 days straight!


5 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

She's beautiful. I'm so excited for you!

Salzwedel Family said...

This trip will change your life forever. Enjoy every moment of it.

My advice to you is to have no expectations to what it will be like. Just go with the flow and soak in every precious bit of time with your sweet daughter.

Katy said...

We are SO close....I can't wait to see your little sweet one too, and to meet you, part of my "adoption family!"

kayder1996 said...

Have a wonderful trip! Wish I were going. (To pick up my kiddo!)

Beth Cotell said...

I am thrilled for you!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to hear all about your trip and see more pictures of your beautiful Avery!