BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, October 27, 2008

Why?


Many people ask, Why would you want to adopt from Haiti??? What is wrong with our country? I find these questions a bit annoying but usually answer in a brief manner...we want to adopt from Haiti because there is a great need. Not that there isn't a need in our own country or other countries, but that is a whole other conversation. I don't feel the need to really go into detail, why does anyone want to add more children to their family? We have two biological sons who are the most precious two people in our lives and we realized we want to share our life and home with a child who has nothing. Stephanie posted this link on her blog which says it all. How can we not want to help children like these, who have no one to take care of them? No food or water? I only wish I had more money to help more...

3 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

Yep.

Beth Cotell said...

People can be so rude. Keep doing what you are doing and ignore the questions.

I am praying for you and Avery and all those in her orphanage!

Salzwedel Family said...

It does get so tiring having to justify adoption to everyone who has an opinion (and most everyone does). I take comfort in knowing I'm following God's plan.