BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Missing Avery

The O

This is where our little girl lives, until we are able to pick her up and bring her home. This is where our little girl sits in an empty crib without her mommy able to hug and kiss and care for her. Ever since I went to visit, the wait is so much harder. Before I met her, the process didn't seem as real, but now there isn't a day or hour that goes by without my mind wondering when she'll ever get here. I was searching for beach houses to rent for next summer and my mind immediately wondered if she'll get to come with us on our family vacation. Tomorrow is Preston's birthday, and I keep wondering, will Avery be here for her next birthday? Or will we miss out on that as well? The hardest part of the wait is just not knowing anything. If we had some kind of countdown, at least I would feel like progress was being made every time I crossed a day off. Our paperwork arrived in Haiti last May, and we still could possibily have more than a year to wait. There are some families that have been waiting almost 2 years to pick up their children and their kids have grown from infants to toddlers in the O. I am praying, hoping, yearning for our little one to get here before we have missed out on her "baby" milestones. She doesn't walk yet, so I still have hope, we'll see her first step. But, only time will tell...right now I would be happy with just a new photo. Anything, just a small peek into her world. I haven't seen her since Nov 5th and it seems like eternity!

2 comments:

Beth Cotell said...

I can only imagine how hard the waiting and the not knowing must be. Hang in there...God's timing is perfect!

Katy said...

I know how you hurt...I am praying for you! I got your Christmas card, and am SO hoping that she is with those cute boys next year in the photo!