BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, December 29, 2008

What can you do?

I borrowed this video from my neighbor, Laurie (Visit her Blog-The Unit.) Laurie, hope you don't mind! It is just so moving, I felt like I needed to also spread the word and put it on my blog as well. Many people wonder why we are adopting from a third world country (we don't have any fertility issues, we have two beautiful little boys, etc.) Even some of our own extended family members wonder, why? Why Haiti? What about China? or Russia? We don't second guess our decision for a second, and when I see videos like this, I know we have made the right decision.

Even though this video isn't from Haiti, it is from another third world country, similar in poverty and need to Haiti. After watching this video, it will leave you thinking, what can I do? I must admit I wonder that often, can we adopt one more? Can we send money to the Orphanage? But then we get side tracked in our daily activities and get caught up in our everyday routine...we would have adopted two children, if we had more money. We would have adopted two, if we didn't have a large financial crisis going on right now in our own lives. (A house full of mold out of state that we can't sell for 2 years now!)

So after you watch this video, maybe you'll feel moved to help just one child...




3 comments:

Amanda said...

Come quickly, Lord Jesus.

Laurie said...

Amen to Amanda's comment!!

Tracy, I don't mind at all that you borrowed the video...I did the same thing from another blog, and I hope it continues to move from blog to blog and that hearts will be stirred to move and do something.

Katy said...

This is heartbreaking...thanking God that he sent some angels to help these babies...and praying for more.