BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Back to Haiti?


I am contemplating a trip back to Haiti this July to see little Avery again. I really wasn't planning on going back until the official pick up date, but since that date is not arriving anytime soon, I feel compelled to see her again. Mike would stay back with the boys, while I go visit, photograph and snuggle with her. It is our wedding anniversary gift to each other, getting the chance to record more photographs of her while she's so little since we are missing out on so many milestones.


I am hesitant because it was so hard to leave her last time and I can imagine it will be even harder this time knowing how much longer we have to wait (last time I was overly optimistic...thinking we may have her home by summer.) I also got REALLY sick a week after I got home with what some people thought may have been a mild form of Dengue Fever. My bones (especially my ribs) felt like they were breaking anytime I moved. I remember thinking it was one of the worst illnesses I have ever experienced. I had to get an ultrasound of my abdomen it hurt so bad, the doctor was concerned it was Hepatitis.


There was also the AHEMMMMM....constant diarrhea from Avery all day and all night! I would definitely be more prepared this time and bring lots of zip lock and/or trash bags to keep the smell contained!


Considering I am not a fan of hot weather, I am sure it will be a bit steamy in Haiti that time of year....but it's all worth it to hold her again. So, I am awaiting details of the trip and deciding whether or not we can afford it.


And finally...Happy Mother's Day to all the mommies out there...especially those who are going yet another Mother's Day without their children home.



6 comments:

kayder1996 said...

We went a second time that was an unplanned trip. And we're so glad we did. It was sometimes easy for me to think that because Kenson was still so little, that it wasn't that big of a deal if we went. But we always ended up coming back to feeling like we would not regret spending the money and taking the time but that we would regret not having those extra moments with him. I'm struggling now with some of those same feelings about visiting Conleigh. Now that Kenson is home, it isn't feasible for us to both go to Haiti plus I'd have to leave Kenson for almost a week. It seems hard to think of. But I think my heart will come around to it all when it's time to think about it.

Terry said...

I sure you wont regret it if you go. Sometimes the weather in Haiti is nicer than the summer weather here...God Bless!

Trina said...

Brad's scheduled to go again the first two weeks of August, so I hear you about the heat there. Does Avery always have diarrhea? Or was that just during your visit? Poor little thing. Bananas, bananas, bananas!

The Karr Family said...

I know what you mean about not being sure if you should go... We just went in March (our second time to see our girls... but the first time we had the opportunity to have them at the hotel with us)... and it was sooooooo hard to leave - and I'm not sure if I can do it again. At the same time, I treasure having the memories, photos, and video! :) Praying you make the right decision! Tana

Katy said...

I pray it will all fall into place with the finances for both of us.. I definitely think it will be worth it....and here's to hoping for a diarrhea-free, dengue fever free experience! ;) And p.s....I hope A will eat, and G. likes the pool this time! Can you tell I am trusting for God to make a way?

Amanda said...

I'm sure it will be a blessed, wonderful adventure with your baby girl, should you choose to take off and give her a much needed cuddle!