BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, September 2, 2010

School Update First Week






Boys have just completed their first week of school and so far everything is going great. Both boys are eager to get up in the morning, which I'll give about another couple weeks before I have to drag them out of bed.
Caden is in 4th grade and so far he is absolutely loving it. His teacher has a fish tank, so that really put the icing on the cake. Right now they are working on bar graphs, line graphs, math facts (multiplication and division review) and writing short stories. He mentioned yesterday how much fun it is to write stories, which is interesting because usually he hates writing. Today he has his first religion test and tomorrow is a spelling/vocab test. I thought the religion stuff looked pretty difficult, so we'll see how that turns out! As I was reviewing it with him, I was glad it's him taking the test and not me!

Preston is enjoying kindergarten, although yesterday he got in the car and said "Could everyone please stop talking?" "I have heard talking for the past 8 hours and I am sick of it!" He especially dislikes carpool, which does get loud as kids wait in the gym to be picked up. His favorite part so far is buying milk and/or ice cream at lunch. Although yesterday he didn't have time to eat his applesauce, but managed to have plenty of time to finish his popcicle.

This weekend both boys start lacrosse. Preston is playing on the peanut lacrosse team, and Caden U11. We are hoping Preston loves it because so far every sport he has tried, he has not taken a liking to. So we're keeping our fingers crossed. I asked him if he wanted to play soccer again, and he said "No, why would I want to run around and get out of breath?" Not sure what he thinks will happen during lacrosse?

Avery is doing well. Her behavior when Grandma is watching her has improved quite a bit. She still whines when she doesn't get her own way, but not nearly as bad as a couple weeks ago. Speech therapy has started, and she seems to be saying more and more each day. Most is very hard to understand, but you have to start somewhere. Her hair continues to challenge me. It doesn't seem to be growing much, and even seems to have thinned quite a bit. So, not sure what is going on with it. I put coconut oil in it last night, and made her sleep with a silk cap on her head....she still woke up with it all flattened to her head and tangled up.

That's the scoop for now! Looking forward to a long weekend!

1 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

Can we come to your school? Word problems with hundre millions are killing me and Jasmine got a 33% on her test! I dont' think I would have done any better! I don't know what they don't get about cocaine child=diminshed reasoning skills.