BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, September 23, 2010

This week...

Both boys are absolutely loving school this year. I would say for Caden, it's been his favorite grade so far. I am not exactly sure why. He has a planner and a folding binder thing for all his assignments arranged by subject (all students have this) so I think he enjoys the responsibility of staying organized. This is surprising to me, because he is not usually very organized or neat but this year he is taking it all very seriously. The other day in class, he thought he lost an assignment, and he said his stomach sank to the ground. Poor guy...he gets so uptight about the little things.

Caden also had a
Esophagogastroduodenoscopy done earlier this week. He has had stomach pain on and off for at least 6 months so we're trying to get to the bottom of it. It is possible he has celiac disease (very common in Type I diabetics) so we'll have to deal with that should that be the problem. The doctor took biopsies of his stomach and intestine, and we'll get those results next week. He did get put to sleep for the procedure and he did great. Woke up a little groggy, but other than that he felt fine. Here he is after the procedure enjoying some hospital pancakes. The worst part about the whole thing was we had to be in the city by 5:30am, which meant waking up at 4:30am...




Preston is enjoying kindergarten, although he always saying how annoying some kids are, etc. I keep telling him, kids are kids, and kindergarters act silly sometimes, but he doesn't seem to get that. He is his big brother's clone. The are both like little grumpy old men sometimes. Also he gets a little bent outta shape if he is quiet in line and the teacher doesn't notice, but she notices someone else being quiet. Again, I have to keep reminding him to just keep behaving and she'll notice because she only has 2 eyes and can't see everyone at once. I think he is still adjusting to having 25 kids in one room and still sorting through all the various personalities. And of course, his favorite things about school so far are: recess, lunch and PE. So typical!

Avery is having a good week, and I feel like she is growing an inch a day. I am 100% sure she will be taller than any of us. She is talking a little more each week and going to speech therapy once per week. I am stressing out about everything we have left to do to not only complete her adoption but also to get her US citizenship. There are a billion forms we need to fill out, some hefty fees involved, and a visit to a Civil Surgeon? I just need to get this all sorted out. But its just so overwhelming I keep putting it aside.

This weekend, Grandma is in charge as Mike and I are getting away for 1 night. We haven't been away from these kids much at all since the New Year, and well, we are in need of a break. So we are heading to a winery not too far away for some peace and quiet! I haven't posted much to this point about the ups and downs of adopting, and I won't get into it now... But, it's definitely challenging at times, I think we both have realized we need to make sure we find time away from it all occassionally!


Thank God for Grandma's! :)

1 comments:

Beth Cotell said...

Yes, it's always good to get away. Have a great time and enjoy each other!