BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, November 19, 2010

Proud Mom even if it has to do with Duke

So, at the risk of sounding like an annoying bragging Mom, I need to post how PROUD I am of our 9 year old. He received a letter home from the principal yesterday that he was selected for the Duke University Gifted and Talented Program (which I have never heard of.) It was funny because as he was rushing off to school this morning, he said oh here....here's something my teacher gave me yesterday. I opened it up and said, Cade, this is a big deal! Do you know what this is? He said not really! So I proceeded to explain it too him and he said, oh cool.

I would have to agree...cool, very cool.

Anyway, I know some day he'll read this blog and I want him to know how proud we all are of him. He works VERY hard on his school work and we are happy for him that his time/effort is paying off. Oh yeah, and we're Big East Fans and Big East Fans are NOT Duke fans. College basketball season is upon us and Duke is ranked #1 (BLAGH)....However, Duke may be growing on me just a little! :)

1 comments:

Beth Cotell said...

It's your blog - you are supposed to brag!!! Congratulations to Caden! That sounds like a great program with lots of neat opportunities!