BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, January 3, 2011

Family Resolutions


So this year I am trying something new. Each family member is going to list 5 things they want to do or accomplish in the New Year. I'll take my turn first, so no one else has made their list just yet.


1. Break my addiction to Haagen-Dazs Chocolate PB ice cream. I did somehow manage to lose about 20 pounds this past year (it was 20 of the 35 I had gained over the past 6 years) so I am still not back to where I want to be. I have plateaued for the past 3 months, most likely do to this perfect mix of rich chocolate with creamy peanut butter. I can not tell you how many little pints of this stuff I have eaten, and I won't venture to guess, but it's embarrassing. If there was a world record for the most PB ice cream eaten, I am sure I would have broken it.


2. Get back into Tri's. I haven't figured out when I'll train, with 3 kiddos and a FT job (many laugh that I call my job FT) it pretty much leaves me working out at 5am (YUCK) or late at night when I have lost all motivation to do so. So today is Jan 3rd and I need to get this figured out today or else it will be June and I'll still be sitting around thinking about it.


3. Have more patience with my kids and read to them more. These I lump together because I find listening to my 6 year old read out loud to be slow and painful torture. Listening "patiently" as he sounds out words drives me nuts but I know he loves to and it's good for him to do it daily.


4. Getting more organized. Especially with meals, money/bills, and laundry. Need I say more?


5. Spending more quality time with Mike. We have tried to make an effort the past 6 months to do stuff alone and I think we've done pretty well. We went to a winery (boring), Atlanta, and out for New Year's Eve. This weekend we're heading to the mountains for his birthday. I hate having to rely on my mom or anyone to watch the kids because I know watching kids is not always fun...so we try to go away only a few times a year.


6. I am going to add on one more for good measure! To do more outdoor activities with the kids. To take day trips biking, fishing, hiking or a weekend camping (I HATE CAMPING.) The boys have reached an age where I think they'll really enjoy all these activities and now's the time to get out there and do it!

2 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

Good ones. I am asking my crew to write down five things they'd like to do or try in the coming year. I more have other things I want to accomplish:
twins' adoption figured out --no one in FL seems to know if you domesticate or readopt, even the court!
COCs located and in my hands
Jeff enlisted
Certified for foster respite--GA won't send our file
Family vacation--thinking a short cruise with everyone
book contract preferrably Tyndale

Trina said...

Have Preston read to the dog. That way he gets practice and your ears get a rest. They actually have programs for it in our local libraries.