BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Happy Gotcha Day, Avery!



















One year ago today, we were recovering from what may have been the most stressful 3 days of our lives. It started with chaos (the earthquake) and for the next 2 weeks we were on the worst rollercoaster ride ever. From one hour to the next, we didn't know what would be thrown at us. We went from thinking we would have to start the adoption process over, to almost getting on a plane heading to the wrong city, to turning back home, to heading to Orlando, and sitting for 3 straight days with NO sleep AT ALL. Waiting, waiting and waiting some more. I have NEVER experienced any thing like it and nor do I hope to again. I really can say I felt absolutely delirious by the end.
However, that was one year ago and we have come a long way. Avery has settled in well and continues to grow and progress each day. Life is not perfect (whose is?) but everything is finally starting to feel like normal again. It took such a long time to recover from her unexpected arrival and the rediculous experience at the Sanford International Airport. Adoption is not easy but adding all that to the experience made it that much more difficult. Plus, my university classes had already begun so the day after we returned home from the AWFUL place (Sanford) I was back at work FT. That equals stress.

I must say I am so glad it's all behind us now and we can continue to grow as a family. Oh yes, and NEVER return to that airport again. I am also so thankful that she is young enough to not remember any of it!

Happy Gotcha Day, Avery! We love you!

2 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

It wasn't the airport's fault. It was that wicked man.

Tracy said...

TRUE...very true. The airport workers were pretty awesome if I am remembering correctly. It was that wicked man, whatever his name was. I guess I blocked him out of my memory.