BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, January 1, 2011

WELCOME 2011!!!

As bad as this might sound, I am so happy 2010 is over. I know life is short and I shouldn't be wishing time (or an entire year) away, but I am glad to see it come to an end.

We were blessed by the arrival of our third child (albeit a bit unexpectedly due to the sudden earthquake.) That whirlwind began way back in January and seemed to last well into the Fall. For one, we waited for over 40 hours in an airport food court, spend 1000's of dollars on cancelled flights and felt completely exhausted when the government finally released her. We didn't prepare as well as we could of (can anyone really prepare?) for the arrival of a little girl who had never really seen the world outside of her concrete walls. And although she did unbelievably well given the circumstances, it was overwhelming for Mike and myself.

Our boys had to welcome to a new sibling, who arrived very untraditionally, who couldn't speak or communicate with them. Life as they new it as a family of four, was now permanently changed and they each dealt with it in their own way. I believe it impacted our 6 year old the most as he moved from the baby to the middle child, and he is living up to that title very well lately! :) But, I think everyone is starting to really settle in to what is finally starting to feel like normalcy. And, arriving at that feeling of a new norm took much longer than I thought it would.

Aside from that major event, we called 911 for the first time for Caden this summer. I made a mistake with his insulin (which I thought was completely life threatening) and I had a migraine for two days following. He was fine and got a firetruck silly band from the EMS crew out of it.

Preston started Kindergarten and that has gone perfectly. He hasn't had one issue at school (not that I expected any) and I am so happy that he is enjoying school so much. He LOVES art, PE, recess...the typical things that most kids love at school. He lives for dress down day, and I love seeing his face light up when I pick him up.

We are excited about the New Year and what it holds for our family. Caden is trying out for a travel team in lacrosse and playing soccer. Preston is going to play lacrosse and Avery might try soccer! We hope to travel to new places and spend time together as a family bike riding and possibly "try" camping. And, above all, we hope to get Avery US Citizenship which is another story all on it's own...so we're still working on that!

Overall, we had so many positive changes in 2010, I can't believe I am glad that year is behind us. But, honestly, huge life changes whether good or bad, can be so overwhelming and exhausting.

Here's to hoping that 2011 is slightly less exciting that 2010! :)

2 comments:

Trina said...

LOVE the new background/template! And what a great New Year's photo to start with of Mike! To better, CALMER things in 2011 for you and your family!

Kathy Cassel said...

I was hoping to have the domestication/readopt thing and citizenship completed in 2010 but we are no closer than before : ( Hope you get your mess straightened out too.