BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, September 26, 2008

Got Gas?

So, we have run out of gas in Charlotte. It has become quite a problem. This photo is the gas shipment we were supposed to get yesterday (but didn't) and now they're saying maybe later today. I have students leaving me voicemails saying they can't get to class, as they can't find gas. My sister waited in line almost an hour yesterday for gas. Police have been directing traffic in and out of gas stations that do have a little gas left. I pass 4 gas stations on my way to work, and 3 had no gas, and one has at least 50 cars in line. I still have half a tank, so I am hoping this problem will clear itself up before I need to spend my day in line as well...although I think we have some gas in the garage for the lawn mower I can use.

Anyway, its crazy around here. I am second guessing my grocery shopping trip to the nice Walmart which is a little farther down the road, as I need to conserve!

Needless to say, its cold, rainy and it's going make for a long day inside.

1 comments:

Katy said...

Well, that's a bummer! I'll bet the gas that is available is even more expensive than usual. Maybe that caravan of vehicles below will have to help out getting groceries. =)