BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Love at First Sight


This photo came into my hands today, and I can't get the image of this little baby boy's face out of my mind. His eyes remind me a lot of Avery's eyes and he is one of the most precious children I have ever seen. We have contemplated adopting two children for a variety of reasons. For one, there are thousands and thousands of orphans in Haiti who need homes. Second, I think it would be so wonderful for Avery to have a sibling from her same heritage, etc. However, we decided to only adopt one child due to one MAJOR obstacle... money. As everyone knows, adopting is very expensive and it is stretching us completely to pay for one adoption, nevermind two. However, as you'll read on my friend Beth's blog, miracles do happen. So, should a miracle happen, we'll adopt this little boy along with Avery if he is meant to be ours. Also, for any one who happens to stumble upon our blog and has any words of wisdom or ideas on how to come up with the rest of the funds, we are open to suggestions!

4 comments:

Katy said...

Oh, wow, I can see why you are falling in love. What a sweetheart..Is he at FHG?

Tracy said...

yes, he is and we are almost about to enter IBESR, so if we want to add a child to our dossier (we are approved for 2) this is the time to do it...but most likely, we'll be bring home only one :(

livingpurereligion said...

I'm so glad that I found this post. We were faced with the very same thing about 9 months ago. When I went to Haiti to meet the little girl that we were adopting, I met a sweet little boy with great big eyes and the sweetest smile. I fell in love. When I got home, I told my husband all about him and we talked about whether we should adopt him too. Somewhere along the way I allowed logic and reason (and fear and worry) take over. We didn't have enough money for our first adoption, much less another one! Could we really handle two at the same time anyway? We almost talked ourselves out of it, but fortunately God kept working on our hearts! We decided to adopt him and let me tell you, it was by far one of the very best decisions we have ever made. He is the light of our life... such a joy! I cannot imagine our life without him!!! So my advice to you is to let love lead! Never make a decision based on fear or worry. Let your decisions be made based on love and faith! As my friend told me when we were going back and forth with our decision, "LOVE SAYS YES!" Commit your plans to the Lord and He will provide. He has provided every single penny we have needed for our adoptions... BOTH OF THEM!

I'll be praying for you!

Kathy Cassel said...

He is sooooo cute. And I understand. Twice we almost added a third child. I wanted to add one when we got back in August but found out he had just gotten a family. That was really hard after falling in love with him.