BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Adorable

There are quite a few precious children who are still waiting for a family at Avery's orphanage. If we didn't currently have a house for sale (it's been for sale for 18 months) that is full of mold (can anyone say NIGHTMARE?) I would LOVE to adopt at least one more. Given the fact we got a quote to fix the mold issue that will run us 15K-41K depending on how well we want to fix the problem, we'll be lucky to afford the one adoption we have already started! So, instead of adopting more kids, we'll paying for ugly nasty mold to be scraped off our basement walls, on the house we don't live in, out of state. The same house built by a builder who went bankrupt and moved out of state. The same house we have listed for well under what we purchased it for...and still, not a single buyer.

You'll notice there is an adorable set of 4 year old TRIPLET boys and newborn TWINS! They are all so precious...if you know anyone thinking about Haiti adoption here is the link. It would be so wonderful for all of these kids to be matched to families this holiday season.

6 comments:

... said...

Wow, I wish you all the best and pray for your family.

Kathy Cassel said...

We ended up selling a house/land way under value for years ago and I'm still paying it off now and have another several years of payments!! I hear you on that. The $15,000 we lost would have paid for one more adoption.

Unknown said...

I wish I could convince the hubby. You've got me working on trying to convince him every day! I know it is a tough journey but you are getting so much closer every day to bringing her home. Your story is inspiring to so many people. I can't wait until Avery is here!

Katy said...

I am so with you on wanting more babies from Haiti....and those triplets and twins are so very precious...If I weren't a single mom who is also wondering how I'm going to pay for this adoption, I would have already added a little boy... :) I don't think I could do 2 or 3 at once, but I am praying for those sweethearts to find families.

Beth Cotell said...

I didn't realize you had a mold problem! How horrible!

Journey said...

sorry about the mold issue...not fun! praying for those wonderful sweeties at FHG to find families. (and ALWAYS praying that the Haiti process will works its kinks out and speed up!)