BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

When?

Since I arrived home from Haiti, everyone is asking me when she'll come home. To be honest, I don't know any more information since before I went on the trip. We are hoping next summer, but that is a longshot.

Avery's parents are scheduled for an interview December 2nd at 9am. We are of course, hoping and praying that they'll show up for this appointment. We hear it is unlikely, as usually these interviews end up having to be rescheduled a couple times...but we can still hope. If they are able to make the appointment, they'll sign some sort of paperwork (not exactly sure what) but at that point they will no longer be able to change their mind and take Avery back. I think we'll also find out if a DNA test is required, again hopfully not, as that just slows down the process. I have read about stories of birth parents changing their minds, and the adoptive families being left just heart broken. So we are still guarded, but hopeful, that Avery will remain our baby. It is rare for birth parents to change their minds (mainly due to poverty) but it does happen.

Anyway, nothing else new on the homefront. Everyone, but Mike, has colds/coughs. It has been a hard adjustment for me, coming back from Haiti, feeling sad, and losing our precious videos of her when I got home (which we were able to recover...a miracle!!!)







I miss these eyes and that smile

7 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

Beautiful.

Amanda said...

She is lovely.

One of the hardest parts for me is the questions. The questions that I don't have any answer for. Only God knows.

Journey said...

I totally relate to all the ?s!! (and I can't believe that about your cat, 2x!!...Im gonna force feed mine his special food and lots of water!

Stephanie said...

I got the same question over and over when I came home. I know everyone means well and it shows they care. But I just wish I had the answer!!

Beth Cotell said...

I'll be praying that her birth parents show up for the intervies and that no DNA test is required. The sooner she gets home to you the better!

Katy said...

I will be praying right with you about our birthparent interviews...NO DNA and NO changing minds!! I can't even let myself think about Gracie not being mine. I know it could happen, but I don't want to believe it. I am sick too..and found out my knee may need surgery. Yes, it is SO much harder now to wait...I don't know how we'll make it, but we will! Praying summer is NOT a longshot! =)

kayder1996 said...

We have an older lady at church (pushing 80) who asks us every Sunday if we have our kids yet. The funny part of it is, if we did, they would be with us. Derek says just once he'd like to look at her with great shock and say, "Oh my gosh! I knew we forgot something at home!"