BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Pure Sweetness


Suzanne, a fellow adoptive mom, just got back from Haiti to visit her girls and sign before the judge (oops, I mean sign the random notebook.) Anyway, she took this photo of our little one smiling!! We just love it!

She also emailed this update:

"What a sweet little girl Avery is. She gave me the biggest smile when I called her name Monday. We were only at the O a few min, but I did get her smiling. After my meeting with C's bio mom Tuesday I hung out in the toddler room for a while. Avery was sleeping as the nannies prepared lunch. I woke her up as the nannies started to serve children. She gave me the biggest smile and hug. then she went patiently to wait for her meal. Avery does have the mollescum virus (sp?) most of the toddlers have. It is not painful but can be irritating as the sores heal causing sctatching adn scabs. It will heal itself in about 1 years time without meds. Other than that she seemed very healthy and content."

2 comments:

Amanda said...

She's a doll! What a beautiful smile!

My son had molluscum last year and it lasted forever! It looked like oversized whitish moles, but would gradually get a bit more inflamed and we would take care of it and disinfect it (don't want to get too gross)...

It was a VERY mild case compared to others, but I just wanted to share that it's not a big deal. I do remember being told it was pretty contagious but my daughter never got it (nor my hubby or myself).

And again, I just have to HUFF at that notebook thing. Ridiculous!

Katy said...

What a sweet story and precious smile....I hope her face isn't too itchy...