BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, October 4, 2009

18 years ago...



I was asked on a date to a high school football game! We wore our frosted jeans, folded over and rolled, our varisty letter jackets, and the rest is history!
Eighteen years later:

-We have two beautiful boys
-One precious daughter...who is stuck in Haiti. Yes, I used the word "stuck" because that is exactly what it feels like right now.
-One yellow lab
-One ragdoll cat
-Two frogs
-One hermit crab
-One fish

We are in a time of change right now. Mike is job hunting, thanks to this wonderful economy. So that is a bit nerve wracking but we know we'll get through it. We are starting the leg work for one more adoption but obviously can't proceed until we get things settled with Mike's job first. We had a very diffcult month of September, for numerous reasons, other than the job loss but we are moving on and looking forward to hopefully an exciting 2010.

Where we will adopt from is still up in the air, but we are leaning towards a country I didn't even realize had an international adoption program. There is a HUGE need and it is EXTREMELY affordable....and a LONG 26 hour flight!

All I know is with all these ups and downs there is NO ONE else is this world I would rather experience all these adventures with!

Can't wait to see what the next 18 years holds for us!


8 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

Congratulations!

Stuck is the word I would use too. And it gets more and more ridiculous. Like someone is laying awake at night thinking up extra steps.

When I think about our first Haiti adoption being only six months I just want to scream.

kayder1996 said...

Would you be willing to share the details of the international adoption you are considering? (You can email me privately at kayder1996@gmail.com .) My heart is still in adoption mode even though we're stuck too. Thanks.

Bill and Christina said...

Congratulations indeed! I too would love to know where you are considering.

Beth Cotell said...

I didn't realize Mike had lost his job. I'm so sorry to hear that.

And I didn't realize you guys were planning another adoption!!!! How exciting!

I'm still praying that things will speed up with Avery's adoption. And I will be praying that Mike finds a job soon!

Stephanie said...

What a beautiful picture of the two of you and precious memories. Praying for good news from Haiti soon!

Stephanie said...

PS, I am curious and excited about your next adoption adventure as well! :)

The Karr Family said...

Congratulations on 18 years! Wow! :) Praying Mike finds a job soon and for wisdom regarding the next adoption as well. :)

Tana

Katy said...

Wow...congratulations!!! You look so happy together. Come on, spill the beans about your other adoption...no fair torturing us! =) However, that is SOOOOOOO exciting!!! Thrilled for you!