BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

"Soon" is so annoying.

I am going to vent just a little...last night was Haiti Chat for my adoption agency. We were already told for the most part, no news is expected today. Today, being Tuesday, is the day of the week we would get an update, that is if there was one to give.

So, this Tuesday is not "THE" day either.

Also, it's just so frustrating, all the questions we have the answers are so vague. This is not the fault of our coordinator, but just the way Haiti adoptions work (or at least that's what I understand to be true.) It's so disheartening after starting this process almost 2 years ago, we still get no specific information on how much longer we'll have to wait, etc. We get no specific reasons as to why the hold up, when will there be a speed up, and what can we do to help our file move? We are only told, hopefully it will be soon. Soon...it's probably my least favorite word in the English language right now. If I read or here that word one more time regarding our adoption, I am going to lose it! :) I honestly feel my blood pressure rise and heart rate speed up every time I here that same, vague update. I think I must be losing years of life from this stress I am afraid.

So, here's to ANOTHER unexciting Tuesday of nothingness. Let's hope a real update will be coming very SOON...ughhhhh.

6 comments:

Salzwedel Family said...

Let's ban that word! I am so tired of hearing it also.

Kathy Cassel said...

I hope you are out of ibesr, er, quickly! But that is only the beginning I'm sad to say. You can fly through from there or get stuck forever like we are. When we got out we told everyone the kids would be home in less than a year. Well, that should have been true, right????? But here we are almost 17 mo out of ibesr still sitting in second legal over six months. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here's hoping we all get some good new NOW.

kayder1996 said...

What I try to remind myself is that God is at work and He is making progress even if I see no progress myself. So even though it seems like nothing is getting accomplished, HE IS AT WORK. Every day is one day closer than you were the day before.

Suzanne said...

Praying for your strength to endure the endless tunnel of waiting. There IS a light at the end, not sure how far away, but she WILL come home. All our children will come home.

Katy said...

I understand friend....SOON is my least favorite word right now too....I have been hearing it for months upon months. All we want is our girls! =( Just think...in a few weeks we will hopefully get photos....these girls belong with us. We can't give up, no matter how our hearts break. HUGS.

Terry said...

I remember how crazy I was...thinking Asher would die before he got home. I have no words except that I promise to pray...Terry