BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, April 26, 2009

An Empty Bed

Mike went out this Saturday at 6am to a yard sale to buy Avery her bed. We saw a beautiful white headboard and footboard on Craigslist and it was getting ready to be sold in a yard sale. He got there bright and early and got the bed before anyone else could get it. It's really pretty and looks vintage but we haven't gotten it together yet. It's solid wood painted white and has a lot of detailed woodwork on it. It was a big step just buying the bed since we still have absolutely no news about our adoption, and we always invisioned Avery arriving this year and needing a crib. But, I am thinking the rate things are moving...a bed will be more appropriate. Now don't get me wrong...we'll have no problem what so ever getting a crib should Avery come home soon!! No problem at all! I am not trying to be pessimistic just realistic!

I keep checking our orphanage web site for an updated photo...nothing yet. We are due for an April photo any day now. It's amazing how one photo can become such a big deal. It's like I am opening one of those Willie Wonka Chocolate bars every time the web site down loads. Instead of a golden ticket I am hoping to see a new photo. So, I'll just keep checking!

We did have a great weekend, although it was a tad too warm (upper 80's.) The boys enjoyed running through the sprinkler, going to the fountain, and playing outside. I have a few photos, but I am too lazy right now to download them.

So that's the update for the past week...a tad boring, yes I agree. Here's hoping this week is much more exciting (common dispensation!)

I'll end with a a few quotes from Preston (our 4 year old):

"Mom, I am no longer affiliated with you."

"Batman and Batman's brother Robin are my best friends."

"Ummm, Mom...You forgot to clean the house!"

And, he had a "mean dream" the other night of being attacked by squirrels....

5 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

I'm ready for a twin fix too. I've been checking once a day. Refuse to be disappointed more than that!
(And that is not an insult to anyone, just the way life is.)

kayder1996 said...

We bought a convertible crib for Kenson a full year before he came home. Of course, we thought he would be home sooner than he was so we set it up as a toddler bed/daybed. Now I'm wishing we would have set it up as a twin bed. There's no way to sit down next to him on the toddler bed which sometimes he needs.

Terry said...

Kathy is really good only checking once a day...I check every time I pass the computer :-( I haven't gotten Asher his bed yet. I do have 2 cribs and assumed he would use one of them, but he's 2 1/2 now and my baby is quickly dissapearing. But we haven't even painted the bedroom yet, but I am in nesting mode lately, I'm praying for good news for us all!

Amanda said...

You found a bed! I don't even let my mind turn that kind of stuff into actions yet. Once I'm out of IBESR, I'll probably go crazy...and the journey is still long! But, good for you! I'm sure it's lovely.

And that "I'm no longer affiliated with you" comment cracked me up.

Katy said...

I have a bed and a bunch of clothes, toys, etc. but I won't allow myself to enter her room....I still need to paint, etc. though. Gracyn's is a toddler bed, but maybe I'll need a bigger one...=( Ugh. Photos are here, and mine looks SO grown-up....