BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Still nothing new.

We've been quiet on our blog because I envisioned our next post as "WE ARE OUT!!!" of IBESR that is. However, January is now half over, and we still have not heard a word. Theoretically speaking, it is quite possible we could hang out in IBESR for another 8 months. It's happened to other families, and it could happen to us. How I will handle that... I just don't know. So let's not go there.

Anyway, Sarah over at Five Frozen Chamorros just got really bad news about her file. Their file is not as far along as it should be or as they were told it was. So, now they are having to deal with the reality of taking a few steps backward...AGAIN. Just we they thought their boys were coming home VERY VERY soon now they are back to wondering when that will be.

Everyone keeps asking, what takes so long? Other countries (even third world countries) move ten times faster with the paperwork than Haiti. Can anyone explain why or how these other countries are able to bring their children home in months and some Haiti families wait YEARS? Anyone? I get that Haiti is a poor country. When I went to visit, the living conditions were much worse that I could begin to imagine. It is sooo HOT there, I don't know how anyone gets work done. But, those reasons alone seem like enough to bring those children home!!!!!!!!!!

For me, the most depressing part of the entire situation is I can't imagine going through this wait again. Unless the Haitian adoption process makes some big changes, I am pretty sure we won't adopt from Haiti again. And we would love to...but the wait is just getting to be much too frustrating to go through all over again. Without families willing to wait, the ones who lose out most are again the children.

7 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

Haiti has added many, many steps since our first adoption which took six months. And no one is accountable to anyone. It's sad because it truly is the children who miss out. I chose our children two years ago this coming Saturday.

Amanda said...

Hanging out, waiting with you.

Waiting. Waiting. Waiting.

I would just like to hear SOMEBODY get out at this point. Anybody. So I can know that they're working.

kayder1996 said...

Tracy,
I once read something like "What God does with us while we wait is even more important than why we wait." While waiting is unpleasant (okay it sucks!), I do believe that God will use it for something beneficial, either for my benefit or someone else's. Praying that your frustrations will not stay frustrations long...

Jodie said...

Vera said that the presidential dispensation person wasn't returning to work until Jan. 13. Now, I don't know if everything has been sitting on the desk ignored until now, or if it was just waiting to go ... so I'm not expecting any news soon.

And to top it off, we had dispensation already back in May.

It truly does suck.

Beth Cotell said...

I will be praying that the process speeds up for all of you who are waiting and waiting and that God gives you all an extra dose of patience!

Katy said...

I checked out Sarah's blog and I am crushed for her. Screaming and EXTREME crabbiness are in order. And then I saw that CCI is not accepting any new applications for Haiti temporarily...what does that mean? No, no....PLEASE not another 8 months, we want out THIS month...please God? Please give encouragement to Avery's mommy and ALL us waiters today and every day until they are home....

Laurie said...

I know the wait and the unknown is incredibly hard. So sorry it is taking so long. Once you get out of IBESR, maybe the rest will go amazingly quickly and you will make up for lost time...that's what happened to us once we finally got out of Parquet after 11months. There is hope...hang in there girl.